Bonnie Dumanis - Proof positive San Diego is at peace with its corruption.
As Dumanis proves, sometimes the problem is District attorneys refusing to prosecute because the police haven't filed reports. Such as the Kendra Beebe case. Sometimes the problem is DA's refusing to prosecute family law attorneys who steal from clients. However, in San Diego the problem is Bonnie Dumanis; and always has been. While San Diego is a town that is extremely hard on women and chidlren, (misogyny remains rampant under Chief Lansdowne) Dumanis is exceptionally hard on women crime victims. In fact, she charges some with crimes. Ask Joyce Murphy. Dumanis could be charged with "a failure to provide honest services" but ran for mayor. She lost. It's time she loses the office of the District Attorney, also.
As is typical with San Diego media, any focus on Bonnie Dumanis will always be directed towards finances as that's how San Diego media, rolls. But save one, brief media instance of focus on the human damage from the Dumanis inspired, "declined to prosecute" resulting in the murder of Diana Gonzalez, media ignores the human misery visited on the people of San Diego, courtesy of Bonnie Dumanis.
Please feel free to examine any of the multiple videos on this page, to get a fear what a disaster Bonnie Dumanis continues to be for crime victims.
1. Joyce Murphy was prosecuted for trying to protect her daughter. Other children were molested because neither SDPD, the sheriff's office and most of all, Bonnie Dumanis, ever cared about crime victims to prosecute. In her own way and with her numerous "declines to prosecute" Bonnie Dumanis is a criminal's best friend.
Five years of one woman trying to get the attention of law enforcement and the DA.
Gonzalez had been knifed to death shortly after Dumanis ignored the
evidence. (Interestingly, Dumanis also wasted taxpayer dollars on her
vendetta against Cynthia Sommer...on circumstantial evidence.)
3. Bonnie Dumanis has consistently
proved, families are expendable. Lowell Bruce springs to mind. After
Bruce, a Los Colinas jail guard, shot his wife in the face in front of
their child, Dumanis rallied to get ride of the judge in the case,
although it was the same judge who earlier allowed a Los Colinas inmate
with mental health issues to be charged with assaulting a police
officer - by spitting on him. (The Court of Appeal overturned that
4. Bonnie Dumanis has consistently proved a willingness to ignore public needs, over her own agenda. Boycotting judges is a demonstration of power run amok.
What exactly are San Diego taxpayers getting for their tax dollars?
5. Anyone who believes the District Attorney's office under Bonnie Dumanis's "leadership" is working, also need only examine the criminal case of Hollywood actor Shelly Malil who stabbed Kendra Beebe, 23 times. Although Beebe survived those 23 stab wounds, and although the DA's office "thought" her former husband was involved, the DA's office elected to let Kendra's ex husband slide, although records show Shelly Malil called Kendra's ex right before and after his attack. Fast forward a couple of years, and Kendra's ex, fighting deportation, now has Kendra in a custody battle. By the way, the DA's office isn't interested in his numerous violations of restraining orders. Or investigating, alleged housing fraud. San Diego is a tough place to be a woman with kids. Bonnie Dumanis proves that.
But Bonnie Dumanis, won't go away unless someone else is elected. Recently, by way of the 9th Circuit, Nevada won the right to leave, "None of the Above" on the ballot. San Diego is not as lucky. Do it in memory of Diana Gonzalez, whose husband stabbed her to death shortly after Dumanis "declined to prosecute."
We're also "Anyone but Bonnie" to protect Californians after receiving a disturbing number of complaints about criminal cases not being prosecuted due to a divorce. Police don't investigate family crimes, and fraud in housing, wholly ignored by the current DA. Why is this? Common sense of cop wisdom is if you take care of the vandalism early on - you won't be writing burglary/murder reports, later.
And it would be nice if Dumanis didn't protect bad cops, including those who protected Lowell Bruce.
Or how about when Dumanis' office assists an embezzler - because the embezzler used to work for them? So not good. Towit:
Responding to earlier reports, on September 29, 2011, the DA's office began to tip-toe through the prosecution of Patricia Gregory, filing an 11 felony count indictment against Patricia Gregory, including five counts of grand theft, 4 felony charges of fraud by appropriation, by an administrator or trustee, and one count of the unauthorized practice of law or holding oneself out as an attorney, for refusing to take down her website.
6. Dumanis' top spinmeister is likely also hoping the public forgets the case of Cynthia Sommer and the murder that didn't happen - featuring Bonnie Dumanis bragged about bringing Sommer to trial on "circumstantial evidence."
So much for a "higher standard."
The public remembers officials who speak out of both sides of their mouth.
Mostly because it's not a pretty sight.
At the very least, the public has paid for but not received, "honest services." But in more important matters; Life - the situation is critical.
7. Drunk drivers won't be charged with drunk driving if they are friends of Bonnie Dumanis. A 2.2 Blood Alcohol means nothing.
That San Diego is legendary for not being unsafe for women and children is not the fault of Bonnie Dumanis. However, as DA or mayor, Dumanis is solely responsible for the continued failure to prosecute when San Diego women and children are at risk.
All while going to great lengths to protect herself from perceived threats. Including when the threat arrives by letter.
Unfortunately in Bonnie Dumanis' world, San Diego women don't rate the same kind of protection as she feels is necessary for her.
If San Diego women like Diana Gonzalez and others could have the kind of service Dumanis makes sure she is herself provided, Gonzalez, Rosa Lisowski, Peggy Chillis, and others might be alive today.
California: 2010 - 2011
San Diego: Bonnie Dumanis
Instead of apologizing for her failure to provide honest services to the public, (the basic corruption charge) or keeping the public safe:
Bonnie Dumanis ran for mayor of San Diego.
Seriously. The woman responsible for the death of Diana Gonzalez, after not prosecuting her husband after he kidnapped, raped and beat Gonzalez - responded angrily when called upon to defend her refusal to prosecute after Diana's butchered body was found in a college mens room.
Diana Gonzalez had been knifed to death shortly after Dumanis ignored the evidence. (Interestingly, Dumanis also wasted taxpayer dollars on her vendetta against Cynthia Sommer...on circumstantial evidence.)
Bonnie Dumanis has consistently proved, families are expendable. Lowell Bruce springs to mind. After Bruce, a Los Colinas jail guard, shot his wife in the face in front of their child, Dumanis rallied to get ride of the judge in the case, although it was the same judge who earlier allowed a Los Colinas inmate with mental health issues to be charged with assaulting a police officer - by spitting on him. (The Court of Appeal overturned that conviction.)
Bonnie Dumanis has consistently proved a willingness to ignore public needs, over her own agenda. Boycotting judges is a demonstration of power run amok.
What exactly are San Diego taxpayers getting for their tax dollars?